Bulky Item Collection
There are two ways that residents may dispose of bulky items.
Annual Bulky Item Collection Week – This event is held each spring. During Bulky Item Collection
Week, residents may place an unlimited amou nt of acceptable items at the curb on the regular day of
collection. Acceptable items are listed below.
On-Call Bulky Collection – Residents may call for a special bulky item collection to accommodate large
items that do not fit into the residential service carts. Residents receive 10 FREE On-Call Bulky Items collections
per calendar year, July 1 – June 30.
Please review the following information prior to scheduling your Bulky Item collection.
- Furniture such as chairs, sofas and mattresses
- Appliances such as refrigerators, ranges, washers and dryers, water heaters, dishwashers and
similar plumbing or small appliances
- E-waste such as computers, telephones, televisions, stereo equipment and other electronic devices
- Yard waste such as tree branches, scrap wood or bundles up to 4’ long
- Other non-hazardous items
- Pick-up truck or automobile tires
All items must be able to be moved by two-man crews or they will not be collected
Not acceptable items include all hazardous wastes or materials, such as oil, solvents or paints,
no construction debris, such as concrete, asphalt, lumber or drywall and no equipment or vehicles.
- Residents may place up to 4 items per collection. There is a limit of 10* FREE collections
per year, after which
a fee will apply. (*multi-family complexes are allocated, one collection
per each unit, per year)
- Residents must call 888-888-0388 to schedule a bulky item collection at least 24-hours prior
to their next regular scheduled collection day.
- Items must be placed at the curb no later than 6AM on the day of collection
Before placing items at the curb, please consider donating all working, usable items to local
thrift stores and charities that support our communities and help keep materials out of landfills.